Welcome to EditMN.blogspot.com, run by a tried and true grammar nerd, Nicole.
ABOUT ME
I recently earned my M.A. in English from St. Cloud State University, where I worked for 3 years as a writing consultant and assistant director at St. Cloud State's Writing Center. Currently, I am working my dream job as Director of St. Thomas' Graduate Writing Center.
In these positions, I have had the opportunity to work with all types of students, including native and non-native English speakers, traditional and non-traditional students, and many with varying learning abilities.
WHAT I DO
I edit anything you need edited! Whether you are writing a paper for a course, working on a current resume/CV/cover letter, trying to write the perfect love letter, or are needing some help with APA/MLA citation style, you have come to the "write" girl!
I have worked with all types of writing, from brainstorming ideas to the final draft, for seven years.
WHAT I'VE LEARNED
I've learned that presenting your writing to a stranger is a little scary. It puts the writer in a vulnerable position, but in turn opens the door for great possibilities. Whether you have struggled with organization, formatting, citation styles, word choice, sentence structure, or general grammar rules, there is no harm in having another pair of eyes look at your writing for you. Better yet, why not have someone who has a Master's in English and seven years of experience do that job?
The pros far outweigh the cons!
HOW CAN I HELP YOU?
Please feel free to click on the tabs above for rough price quotes in various topics. If you are interested in a particular editing service, please send me a message at nicole.ashley.evans@gmail.com, and I will write back within 48 hours.
I believe success should be accessible to all -- and I believe success in any field is accomplished through effective communication. I believe language is the most powerful tool of the 21st century, with a definition that encompasses more and more every day, be it through video, a 40 character tweet, effective branding, or a five-paragraph essay. The means by which to communicate any given message are truly endless -- and that excites me!
No comments:
Post a Comment